However, there is one snack that is the PERFECT post-workout snack that is full of protein and ‘good’ fats, is easy to take on the go, filling, and low in calories. If you like deviled eggs, prepare to meet your new favorite snack: The skinny avocado deviled egg.
The skinny avocado deviled egg is insanely quick, easy and simple to prepare, fun to eat, and guilt free.
-Salt and Pepper
-Any additional fillings/spices as desired (onions, jalapenos, garlic, chili powder, etc.)
1. Hard boil a dozen brown, organic eggs,
2. While the eggs are boiling, scoop and mash together 2 whole avocados, add fresh ground salt and pepper to taste,
3. Peel hard boiled eggs after they are finished cooking and cooling,
4. Slice each egg in half,
5. Remove and discard the yolk,
6. Scoop in 2 TBSP of the avocado mash into the middle of the egg, in the same style as a deviled egg,
Note: Feel free to add chopped onion, tomato, garlic, cilantro, etc. or additional spices to the avocado mash to taste. You can also top the finished eggs with paprika, chili powder, cilantro leaves, etc.
For one egg, or two halved pieces, the total calorie count is only 47 calories: 17 for the boiled egg whites, and 30 for the avocado mash.